Alone and Scared

 My name is R. Ashcroft, and I've been experiencing absolutely hellish things ever since my family disappeared.


It all started on my birthday, October 31st. Yes, I know. How cliche- the edgelord surname, the Halloween birthdate, the "ooh SPOOPY lol" story. If it makes you feel any better, my parents names were Will and Mia, and my older siblings were Sophia and Cayden. My younger sister was Harper.


The only reason I got an edgy name to match my unfortunate surname and birthdate (not going to tell you what it is) is because I was born on Halloween. But that's besides the point.


Mom told me to take Harper out trick-or-treating while she cleaned the house. I didn't want to. I was supposed to be going to a party with friends. We had an argument, which culminated in me screaming "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO TAKE MY THIRTEEN YEAR OLD SISTER TRICK-OR-TREATING!" 

She silently glared at me and then called Sophia- Sophia, the "golden child"- to take Harper trick-or-treating. Of course she did. And of course Sophia did as she was told, despite being 23 and old enough to do whatever the hell she wanted. 

I went out to the party. It wasn't fun, at all. I couldn't stop thinking about how I yelled at my mother. 


When I got home, there was no one there. I assumed they'd all gone out without me, so I waited for them.

I never saw any of them again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Running

A Long-Overdue Update